No image available

Introduction to Cahoon, Carter & Co.

was a mercantile company composed of partners , , and . The company was formed in connection with their role as members of the , in , Ohio; the funds they procured in this venture were used to complete the . The mercantile partnership purchased goods and opened a in in June 1835. The store they operated was known informally as the “Committee Store,” reflecting the association between the firm and efforts to fund the construction and completion of the Kirtland temple. In October 1835, Hyrum Smith traveled to , New York, with to purchase goods for the store.
After the dedication of the , the three men continued to operate the . In June and October 1836, an agent for the store, likely , purchased goods on credit from wholesale merchants in and . It is unclear when the store closed, but the last business record related to the company dates to March 1837.
was a mercantile company composed of partners , , and . The company was formed in connection with their role as members of the , in , Ohio; the funds they procured in this venture were used to complete the . The mercantile partnership purchased goods and opened a in in June 1835. The store they operated was known informally as the “Committee Store,” reflecting the association between the firm and efforts to fund the construction and completion of the Kirtland temple. In October 1835, Hyrum Smith traveled to , New York, with to purchase goods for the store.
After the dedication of the , the three men continued to operate the . In June and October 1836, an agent for the store, likely , purchased goods on credit from wholesale merchants in and . It is unclear when the store closed, but the last business record related to the company dates to March 1837.