Florence Township, Ohio
Located in northeast part of county. Surveyed 1807. Settled May 1809. Organized 7 Apr. 1817. Area noted for sandstone quarries and beds of iron ore. Population in 1830 about 800. Population in 1833 about 850. JS sent letter introducing William E. McLellin to branch of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at Florence, ca. 8 Oct. 1834.